“Sanctuary Primorsky region”. Ussuriiskii sanctuary
Ussuriiskii sanctuary is more than 40 000 hectares big. It was created by Vladimir Komarov, the member of the Science Academy of USSR in 1934. Firstly, it was created as a forest sanctuary, where unique trees were preserved. It is a very interesting place as northern and southern flora meet there.
The majority of scientists that work at the sanctuary come from Moscow. They study different trees and animals. One of the most important animals for them is the Amur tiger. There are a lot of photo cameras all over the sanctuary that capture animals in their everyday life.
News source: www.vestiprim.ru
- «Vest: Primorye. Interview»: Primorye residents consume more fish than other residents of Russia
- 13 young specialists started working in outpatient clinics and policlinics of Primorye
- «The Pulse. Healthy Primorye»: feldshers and nurses
- Mysterious Dersu cliff attracts tourists from all over the world
- «The Pulse». The main hospital of Pozharskii area