Hydrologists study regional rivers in the wilds of Sikhote Alin
Hydrologists study important rivers of the region in order to see how problems related to flooding can be resolved.
The specialists arrived to Izvilinka river, to the place where it meets the Ussuri river.
Because of the difficult terrain, it is here, at the junction of two waterways, that another guide appears: a capital bridge with five flights. The places here are insanely beautiful, but with the location, it is hardly lucky.
And here's visual proof. The Izvilinka River makes a turn here and crashes into a sopka, forming mountains of soil and boreholes on the opposite bank. As a the result: 2016, Typhoon Lionrock, water currents demolish the span of a reinforced concrete bridge into the Ussuri.
Vladimir Volokho, a hydrologist, says that all this is because of logging.
Hydrologists have been talking about this for years. Predatory logging multiplies catastrophic consequences of typhoons and spring active thawing in the upper reaches.
News source: www.vestiprim.ru
- «Vest: Primorye. Interview»: Primorye residents consume more fish than other residents of Russia
- 13 young specialists started working in outpatient clinics and policlinics of Primorye
- «The Pulse. Healthy Primorye»: feldshers and nurses
- Mysterious Dersu cliff attracts tourists from all over the world
- «The Pulse». The main hospital of Pozharskii area