Pixel art - Vladivostok’s new popular street art
Mosaic miniatures in the form of cartoon characters increasingly appear on the walls of houses in downtown Vladivostok.
Before being on the street, a sketch of the future drawing is created in a sketchbook. In a special notebook the author works out the details and the colour. Then the material is prepared: the tiles themselves are painted, varnished and laid on the base. The mosaic is glued to a wall in seconds.
Followers of pixel art are inspired by the main symbol of the 90s - the 16-bit world of game consoles.
To avoid visual garbage, the city administration tries to find a compromise with artists. In 2013, an entire wall on Okatova street was given to the artists. There they can freely display their art.
News source: www.vestiprim.ru
28.04.2020 Memorial wall will appear in Vladivostok
- «Vest: Primorye. Interview»: Primorye residents consume more fish than other residents of Russia
- 13 young specialists started working in outpatient clinics and policlinics of Primorye
- «The Pulse. Healthy Primorye»: feldshers and nurses
- Mysterious Dersu cliff attracts tourists from all over the world
- «The Pulse». The main hospital of Pozharskii area