Public organisations of indigenous people help the locals to get familiar with fishing quotas
Cherry salmon has reached traditional fishing places in Olga district. But this year fishing can be challenging for the local indigenous people, since they have to apply for special quotas allowing them to fish. Moreover, the locals are only allowed to fish for cherry salmon in the sea and not in the river, as before.
The most part of indigenous people do not have motor boats so they have to use their wooden boats. While the locals have to fight the waves, the poachers hide near Avvakumovka river.
The decision regarding fishing was made by the anadromous commission only after the distribution of quotas.
News source: www.vestiprim.ru
- «Vest: Primorye. Interview»: Primorye residents consume more fish than other residents of Russia
- 13 young specialists started working in outpatient clinics and policlinics of Primorye
- «The Pulse. Healthy Primorye»: feldshers and nurses
- Mysterious Dersu cliff attracts tourists from all over the world
- «The Pulse». The main hospital of Pozharskii area