An orca from the infamous «whale prison» made new friends
Scientists from the Russian Academy of Sciences during their orcas monitoring noticed a new animal in the wild family.
During the monitoring, taking place near the Shantar Islands, scientist were examining a whild family of orcas. The group had 14 killer-whales that were photographed. After examining the photos and comparing them to the old ones, it was noticed that one of the orcas had scares of the tag that was recently removed. Some individual characteristics helped to identify this orca as Zina, the animal that was released from the «whale prison» on August 6. Zina got rid of the tag that was installed when she was set free.
News source: www.vestiprim.ru
- 13 young specialists started working in outpatient clinics and policlinics of Primorye
- «The Pulse. Healthy Primorye»: feldshers and nurses
- Mysterious Dersu cliff attracts tourists from all over the world
- «The Pulse». The main hospital of Pozharskii area
- “New Economics of Primorye”. Supporting business initiative in Nakhodka