A monument to Chekhov will appear in Vladivostok
The monument to the great writer Anton Pavlovich Chekhov will appear in Vladivostok in Chekhov square (Embankment, 10). The sketches of the future monument was discussed at city hall. The patron allocated money for the installation of the monument.
According to" Vesti: Primorye " with reference to the press service of the city administration, the work on the monument has been conducted for more than a year. At the moment, the 3D-printer made a layout, it is located in the workshop of the city of Krasnoyarsk.
According to the chief architect of the city, with coordinated and operational work, the monument can be installed this year.
Recall Chekhov square was opened on August 14, 2012. During the reconstruction, a large amount of work was carried out there – the builders restored the staircase that leads to the hotel, made footpaths, installed benches and lanterns on cast supports. The decision on assignment to the square of Chekhov was made at a meeting of the Commission on city toponymy. One of the city legends is connected with this square. Perhaps, it is from this place that the famous writer Anton Chekhov during his visit to Vladivostok admired the sea and watched the whale "walking along the Bay and splashing its tail".
News source: www.vestiprim.ru
- «Vest: Primorye. Interview»: Primorye residents consume more fish than other residents of Russia
- 13 young specialists started working in outpatient clinics and policlinics of Primorye
- «The Pulse. Healthy Primorye»: feldshers and nurses
- Mysterious Dersu cliff attracts tourists from all over the world
- «The Pulse». The main hospital of Pozharskii area