Underwater hunting championship took place in Primorye
Underwater hunt is a sport where a person goes 30 metres deep underwater and holds their breath for 4 minutes while trying to catch fish.
The sportsmen decide themselves where they are going to hunt. Usually they rely on their intuition. Nevertheless, the professionals prefer to examine the area and mark places that are full of fish beforehand. Hunters can catch any underwater creature they like, besides sharks and fugu.
Like in any other championships, equipment is very important in underwater hunting. The sportsmen have special arbalest charging sections installed to their costumes, as well as a mini computer on the sleeve that indicates water temperature as well as many other important things.
Before the beginning of the championship, every participant has to be examined by a doctor.
This year, the participant caught 20 kg of fish. Yuri Kolganov, Vladivostok’s hunter plans to participate in the all-Russian championship next May as well.
News source: www.vestiprim.ru
05.09.2018 Robots competitions were held in Vladivostok
- «Vest: Primorye. Interview»: Primorye residents consume more fish than other residents of Russia
- 13 young specialists started working in outpatient clinics and policlinics of Primorye
- «The Pulse. Healthy Primorye»: feldshers and nurses
- Mysterious Dersu cliff attracts tourists from all over the world
- «The Pulse». The main hospital of Pozharskii area