«History of the region»: the discovery of Nakhodka bay
Nakhodka bay was discovered in 1859. This year the bay celebrated its 161st anniversary. This discovery was very important for Russia. During that time Russia found a very well located deep bay for all types of vessels.
On June 17th, 1859, «America» frigate entered the waters of a foreign bay while coming back from Japan. The shores have already been put on the maps before but however the territory was dangerous for the ships. The frigate spent there the whole night and the day after the crew decided to explore the shore. The landscape as well as flora of the territory amazed the sailors and their decided to name this part of the region «Nakhodka», meaning «discovery» in Russian.
News source: www.vestiprim.ru
25.07.2019 List of beaches open for people
- «Vest: Primorye. Interview»: Primorye residents consume more fish than other residents of Russia
- 13 young specialists started working in outpatient clinics and policlinics of Primorye
- «The Pulse. Healthy Primorye»: feldshers and nurses
- Mysterious Dersu cliff attracts tourists from all over the world
- «The Pulse». The main hospital of Pozharskii area